View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 12:49 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHL View Post
The possible mis-alignment of 3913 and CS9 front rails will never be a problem even with the unsightly gap, because the CS9 frame has no front rails to intersect with the 3913 slide's front rails.

That is why you can put a 3913 slide on a CS9 but you can't put a CS9 slide on a 3913.

Of course it is all academic at this point.

I'd like to think that the gap promotes barrel cooling for mall ninja multiple mag dumps.

John
You're right. I overlooked that, but ...

I just grabbed my CS9 & 3913, took them to bench and switched the 3913 slide/barrel onto the CS9 frame. The front of the 3913 spring box is tighter inside the CS9 frame's dustcover than that of the CS9 slide's spring box. The side of the slide rubs against at least one side of the frame as I slowly hand-cycled it.

When I put the CS9 back together, there was a bit more space between the sides of the slide and inside of the frame than when the 3913 slide was on it. Interesting.

I'd still be concerned the sharp leading edge of the rear of the 3913 slide's spring box might hit against the soft edge of the frame during live-fire. Dunno. Not gonna try it.