View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Liked 83 Times in 36 Posts

Did not have time to read all of the responses so dont know if my points have been said yet.

Firstly, big thanks to the OP for the polite wording of the question instead of the often tone, which implies that 5 shot carriers must be crazy.

I normally carry 2 guns and reloads for both, a fixed knife, folder (usually a buck 110 with thumb stud), flashlight, and multitool, so this may not apply to me as much as the people carrying solely a J frame and a pocketknife every day, but I think a good, small, quick on the draw with both hands (ESPECIALLY off hand) fixed blade knife is a must have companion for a revolver carrier, especially if you are only carrying one. If 5 rounds isn’t enough, you don’t have time to reload, or someone is fighting you for your gun, time to get that knife out. I personally carry a benchmade socp often angled for more comfort. I don’t think people who carry 5 shooters as their only gun are crazy, I think that they are confident in what they have and prepared for most situations. Even the situations you are not prepared for you can train for and make the best of. I am going on a multi-state vacation soon where I will have to fly and will not be able to carry (reciprocity issues, found out about trip too late to apply for a second permit) for half of the trip. The only gun I am taking in my checked luggage for the other half of the trip is a J frame. Everyone has a tolerance for how much **** they can carry every day.