View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Liked 7,367 Times in 2,508 Posts

I don't believe in babying women, seen enough of them at their best and worst to have a good idea of what they're capable of, plus women are all about equality these days, so I wouldn't presume to tell them what to carry any more than I would a man. (i.e. Not at all.)

So when my very own mother asked for my advice on a firearm, I asked first what she wanted... She was looking for a sort of all-purpose firearm which could be used for EDC, Home Defense, powerful enough to drop a Black Bear if necessary, and not too expensive. Based on her criteria, I suggested a Taurus 605 in .357 Magnum, showed her it, then on her birthday shortly afterwards, my brother and I took her to a gunshop to buy her it as a gift. She used to carry a Taurus TCP-738 in .380 ACP, so if she could handle .380 ACP out of a 12oz pocket pistol, (which I know for a fact that she's shot before with no trouble) then I have no doubt that she'd be able to handle .38 Special or even .357 Magnum out of a 24oz Revolver.

Personally, I feel that any man who truly cares for the wellbeing of a woman should be more concerned for her ability to adequately defend herself than her shooting comfort.