View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 06:36 PM

Liked 3,028 Times in 1,260 Posts

You were happy with the semi-auto before so get one again. Bought right the M&P Shield has to be the best deal on a carry semi-auto as far as a balance of price, quality and shootability. I'm not sure how they sell them so cheap. They work reliably and for their class are reasonably easy to shoot and are accurate.

That said, I carried a revolver most of my career (mostly a 629 6") starting with a 66, and I'd much rather shoot a revolver for fun, except the little air weights aren't really any fun.

Yeah i went through periods of using a S&W 659, Glock 21 and finally a Kimber 1911 when the Dept quit supplying ammo for the 44. Plus I carried a 669 most of that time except my early model 60 years. But I'm a wheel gun guy at heart.

I have plenty of CCW carry guns and switch off a lot from a model 60 to a 629 Trail Boss (and now a 69) and from a P3At 380 (walks or beach) to a Kimber full size .45 (rarely - too big) to officers size 1911s (Springfield, or RIA) and even a Glock model 40.

But admittedly, mainly due to laziness on my part, the gun that ends up in my waistband the most often is the M&P Shield 9mm.

So for you, the OP, go for a cheap M&P Shield. Get something more fun to shoot later. A fairly accurate .22 plinker would be a great thing for a person not yet real familiar with guns.

Boy I did blather on. I didn't start it so don't blame me!