View Single Post

Old 07-08-2018, 09:05 AM

Liked 4,281 Times in 1,195 Posts
Default LGS and the Eternal Circle of Firearms

It's great to have a good "working" relationship with your lgs...just so happens that my son is a Manager for mine, so I get those same kind of calls routinely. I also provide the lgs with some pro bono firearm identification and pricing suggestions (S&Ws in particular). Many of us are in (or rapidly approaching) our senior years, so it seems I get more of these calls these days. We are losing members of our generation, and many family members are not interested in retaining the firearms that were so lovingly collected by their elders. Might be why the lgs suddenly has 3 or more very nice firearms for sale (usually on consignment). I was in the local shop about a week ago to check the "used gun" shelves, and saw 3 beautiful Colt Pythons and a Diamondback, all with original boxes, that had recently arrived. The asking prices were reasonable but still much too much for my wallet. I respectfully asked if it was a wife (widow) that had brought in all these nice guns to sell, and was told no... it was a daughter. Just a reminder that we never really own these firearms, we just rent them, appreciate them, and maintain them for the next generation of shooters and collectors. It's a great hobby, and enjoy it while you can!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: