View Single Post

Old 07-08-2018, 03:11 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

I doubt I have to make this clear, but just in case any of you might have thought I believed for a small part of one second that this was a SS M-19, let me disabuse you of that notion. If it is ever proven that there was even one M-19 made from SS, I will be the most surprised among us! I am old enough that I never say,"NEVER!", but I'm guessing there will be a freezing temperature here in July in West Texas long before I find out that there is or was any such thing!

On the other hand, if the price had been indeed $49.9500, I would have at least asked to see and handle that very rare specimen, and if it actually functioned correctly, it would likely now be among my accumulation. On the other hand, I have filed away my digital file containing picture of this "Rare!!!!!!!" specimen in the event that I can say I actually saw it! Not in my remaining lifetime, I don't think!!

PS: You know, Paul, I didn't look much beyond that "Stainless" M-19 in the case or on the table. I was even afraid I'd get caught taking the picture and have to refrain from saying what was on my mind if I was honest to that dealer! I didn't wish to be involved in any "discussion" about the authenticity of that firearm, nor did I wish to offend him by asking if his marked price was $49.95!

Last edited by kthom; 07-08-2018 at 10:30 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: