View Single Post

Old 07-08-2018, 04:27 PM

Liked 577 Times in 238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Clip View Post
My only response to this comment is this: I am by no means forcing my girlfriend to carry a gun. I too believe that doing that is wrong. However, I do tell her that I think she should think about it. Why? Because I love her, and it is important to me that she have some sort of protection at all times. Where we live and spend much of our time, the police response time is somewhere around 30-45 minutes. There is also a new neighbor who has made it clear that he may be a danger. That is all of the detail I will go into on that.

I don’t think I put enough emphasis on the fact that she is going to be choosing her carry gun. She is going to shoot ALL of my guns, autos and revolvers, big and tiny. Whatever gun she decides she wants. I will pay for it. If she wants to switch later, I will pay for that one too. I am not trying to force her into a J frame, but I don’t see anything wrong with a woman carrying a J frame, especially a woman who WANTS protection, but is not interested in learning the details of operating an auto. The original post was more in response to the online reviews and articles that say that women should never carry a j frame. I am not saying that I am forcing my girlfriend to carry one, I just don’t think that it should be discouraged any more than any other gun.
Might want to consider getting her some pepper spray and then stop pushing the CC permit and just get her doing some target practice.....go slow. I would look at the M60 pro with the 3 inch barrel and some mouse fart 38 wad-cutters. Get her doing single action and having fun with it. Don't talk tactical training...just talk fun target shooting. {pepper spray ...go slow} Buy the 60 pro for yourself and leave it stock. If she eventually likes it , you can gift it . Take all the pressure off this. {it will get you nowhere but getting her pissed off and digging in her heels} She is more likely to use the pepper spray than to use a gun anyway. The gun takes a lot more conviction.

Last edited by RoyM52; 07-08-2018 at 04:30 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: