View Single Post

Old 07-08-2018, 06:01 PM

Liked 949 Times in 508 Posts

I own both a regular and a TSW 5906, and I personally like the TSW version better. It's a little bulkier, but the main thing I like about it is the front strap checkering in hand. The loaded chamber indicator is convenient, and I actually like having the ugly rail for the option of putting a light on when used as my house gun.

Aside from the larger box rails, your also getting the option to convert it to decock-only, as well as the delayed-blowback timing and matched slide and frame for a tighter fit. Hard to say that I can notice a big difference in accuracy or perceived recoil between the two versions, though I've never really done a direct comparison at the range. I will say that my later railed 3913TSW/3953TSW's are noticeably more accurate than their earlier predecessors.

The 5906TSW seems much sturdier, especially with it's thicker-walled barrel. Aesthetics are pretty low on my list of what's important with a gun, but personally I like the looks of the TSW's over the regular 5906's.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: