View Single Post

Old 07-08-2018, 07:57 PM

Liked 1,003 Times in 349 Posts

Years ago when our state agency went from K frames to semi-autos we never looked back. Later, we switched again from S&W M&P’s and I received a 3rd Gen Glock Model 22 for uniformed duty carry and OMG was it ugly, but I never had a single problem. Same with the 4th Gen. I still own three revolvers, but while they have their faithful, in 2018 revolvers are widely regarded as an inferior platform for self defense when compared to duty grade semis except when your last name is Miculek.

When I lived in S.E. U.S. my personal carry was 9mm Glock w/light in a Galco Halo Holster. Since moving to Alaska I switched caliber to 10mm.

If I was to revolver carry again it would be back to my beloved 627 UDR with one or two moon clip reloads. Very capable platform with just enough heft for fast follow-up shots, fast moonclip reloads, and easy to drill at distance. If I had to go smaller an L frame 7 shot snub. To go smaller than that you’d better be close in as you’re giving up too much accuracy, follow-up double action performance, and capacity, which brings us right back to a 16 round 10mm or 17 round 9mm.

The last photo is a warm-up exercise, 9 shots, at an agency criminal justice training center, Glock Model 22.

Last edited by dwever; 07-08-2018 at 09:16 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: