Thread: 4053 find.
View Single Post

Old 07-08-2018, 09:10 PM

Liked 17,264 Times in 6,633 Posts

For 3rd Gens, which is mostly what I buy, I figure the magazines into the equation. If a gun comes with more than 2 magazines and I already have one that uses those same magazine, I plan to sell the excess magazines to defray the cost.

That especially applies to 457 and 7 round 3013 magazines as those are fairly rare. Last year I bought a 1006 magazine in package even though I don't have a 10mm gun. I flipped that on Ebay because I know that they are rare and go for good money.

Magazines are the weak spot in 3rd Gens because other than the 59xx Mec Gars they aren't made anymore. At least not ones I'd use!

The early 40 S&W single stack magazines seem pretty rare, so if I could find some at a good price, I'd likely try to flip them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
Man, why don't I ever find $100 markdown tags like that! My local dealers arm wrestle me for the last 25¢!

It was the end of the 1st Quarter of 2016 that 4013/4053 magazine prices peaked. I remember it well. I was so desperate that I was going to buy a ****** condition, agency-marked 4013 just because it came with 5 magazines. I was going to keep 3 magazines and resell it with 2. Those mags would have only cost me a net of about $50 each.

I decided against it but someone else had the same idea. The same gun disappeared and then showed up in another shop a month later... with just one magazine!!!