View Single Post

Old 07-09-2018, 07:18 AM

Liked 470 Times in 96 Posts

CCantu357, you & I are on the exact same frequency! I'm pining for a nice Model 13, already have the 65, as well as a pair of 66's and a 19.

I have 3 nice 6" SS Security Sixes, as well as a SS 'Bicentennial' 4". I also have a 2 3/4" SS Service Six, and a NIB 4" SS Service Six. Still looking for a SS Speed Six in any barrel length to round out that set. To me, the Security Six is the perfect balance of size, safety, and reliability for the 357 mag.

I always felt that the only reason Ruger went from the Six Series to the GP100 was to follow S&W's lead with the L Frames. I've heard all the stories about Bill Ruger discontinuing the Security/Service/Speed Six because he claimed he never made a dime off of them, but, if put back into production now I bet they'd make a boatload of dimes! GP100's kind of sit there on the used market at pretty standard price levels, but the Security Six's and their kin are climbing every day as they get snatched up by folks who have come to realize the utility of the outstanding design.

I've also got my eye out for a used (I buy 'em all used, or at least try to) Sp101 357 with the 4.2" barrel and adjustable sights. I've already got the 22 version, but feel the 357 in that model would be the perfect 'woods' gun.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: