View Single Post

Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Liked 11,367 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default smith & wesson with canon ventilate 686-3 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Crittenden View Post
Based on the BEW serial number prefix, the gun left the factory in Springfield, Mass., in ..…
March - April 1990.
In my opinion, the gun appears to be a standard production Model 686-3 Distinguished Combat Magnum with a standard barrel that was modified aftermarket. The gun also looks like it was polished.

The 6-inch barrel would make it a product code 104224, if it had a white outline rear sight. The hammer and trigger are not stainless steel, they are carbon steel with a surface treatment called "flashed chrome".

The grips are known as "Combat Stocks" and are highly desirable and collectable, and no longer made. The grips alone can sell for $250 in the USA.

The proofs and markings look to be fairly typical of a gun imported into the European Union. Most seem to go to Belgium first for processing, then move about to distributors internally within the EU.

barthelemot, did it come to you in the original factory box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barthelemot View Post
Hello

Thank you for all his information, Sir

No, I don't have the original box,

A Belgian police officer ordered this gun on 04.28.1990 to Akah France

Akah France importer has been closed for 13 years

Thank you very much

If this gun could talk... So imported new in Belgium, then France, likely as a stock 6 inch 686-3 with target stocks. Then (tastefully imo) customised with a total polishing, milling the barrel Python style and adding S&W original combat stocks. I like it.

Seems AKAH France still exists today

AKAH - Albrecht Kind GmbH

Belle arme en tout cas, et probablement unique en son genre. Félicitations.

Last edited by CLASSIC12; 07-09-2018 at 09:38 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: