View Single Post

Old 07-09-2018, 11:45 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,969 Times in 3,664 Posts

116420 has non-medallion stocks, flat/concave tops, numbered to the gun.

I think they responded to the lower demand for target guns by building fewer target guns-----not by overbuilding, and letting them sit in inventory. That said, I wasn't there. If I was there---and ensconced in the corner office, and found out we were overbuilding, there would be some scuffed britches when some butts bounced off the pavement out in front of the door.(!!!)

I don't understand the "blanks in their records" question.

Which opinion on when stocks were installed is correct? Good question!! The opinion I hold goes like this: Shortly after the frame was numbered, the stocks were FIT to the frame, numbered, and shipped off to be finished. The frame went on down another road to have stuff done to it----and to have other bits and pieces fit to it----and to be finished----and to be done. Then it showed up with no stocks on it at a nice little old lady's bench. It showed up along with a bunch of others---and they're all sitting barrels down on pegs, with the butts facing the nice little old lady (so she can see the serial numbers)----and it wouldn't surprise me to learn they were in serial number order. (I have a photograph of this bench, the nice little old lady, and a bunch of guns sitting on pegs.) Okay, somewhere out of the picture I figure there's a box of stocks---all finished and ready to be stuck on THEIR frame. I don't know if the stocks in the box are in serial number order or not, but I'm thinkin' it sure would be nice if they were. And if they weren't, and I was still in that corner office, there'd be some more scuffed britches from the pavement out in front of the door. Anyhow, nice little old lady gets stocks and frames together, grabs a box, numbers it, wraps the gun, stuffs the gun into the box, and pitches it onto a cart to go to the vault. Now---is that correct? Another good question!!!

Ralph Tremaine