View Single Post

Old 07-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Apex flat trigger install not reversible?

I was installing an Apex trigger in my M&P 9 2.0 and had issues with the getting the pin on the trigger itself to engage. Tried the vice method which is recommended and felt like I was going to break something so I stopped. Pulled the trigger bar back out and tried the pin in the vice again and after really forcing it, the pin started to move. But, it moved enough where I was unable to install the trigger bar and was unable to knock it back out using a punch. That thing is really in there.

I reached out to Apex and they said it's all normal. That they recommend using the vice because it is so tight and once installed you are not able to remove it again. Asked me to send them the trigger and trigger bar and they would examine the trigger to make sure there is no damage and would then install the trigger bar for me.

So I am going to send it all to them, but wondering if anyone else had had issues like this? I bought the full kit thinking it would give me the most options, but it now sounds like I will have to purchase a new trigger bar IF I ever wanted to move away from the flat trigger.

Thoughts?