View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Liked 5,435 Times in 1,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermgk View Post
Now @Pisgah, it is easy to say it is up to the people of NY and NJ to change their 'fate'. But, it doesn't really take into account reality, particularly in States with a large, progressive voting Urban area, like NY, NJ and Illinois.

Here in Illinois, we have a majority of the area of the state that a

The Cook County/Chicago Political machine has so much power, that republicans from other areas HAVE to negotiate on everything, or NEVER get anything passed at the State level.

I have no idea if NY or NJ is similar, but I got to think, it is hard to fight against NY City at the state level.
So, evidently you are not only opposed to states being able to decide for themselves, you also oppose a majority being able to vote their will.

I am truly sorry for folks who live in such areas, but the fact is they have two choices -- either move, or campaign to change hearts and minds and create a majority that will go the other way. They should NOT count on Congress or the Justice Department coming in to solve their problems.

Our local city government is as corrupt and incompetent as you can find in the US -- yet, a large majority of our citizens have voted time and again to keep the bumbling crooks on City Council in office. I don't like it -- I vote against them, and I constantly campaign among fellow citizens to put the pressure on. But there's no way the state or federal government is going to come in and fix it to suit me, and I don't want them to.

It's part of the deal when you have a republic.