View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 10:44 AM

Liked 205 Times in 48 Posts

As usual, I am a bit late with this sort of thing......but.......had a unique episode. We churched w/age mates (70plus) in Pensacola a few years ago.

She likes guns.........no apparent reason tough. Her daughters thinks she is crazy. Him & her drove 900 miles 2 yrs ago from Pens. to Ohio just so she could shoot a machine gun. I put her on a 9mm shoulder fired bipod gun of recent mfgr, good target sites, 70 rnds,. easy trigger, short stock, no recoil. Dont have a picture of her with it but here is one of Donna......you can get the idea.

Last week, they came back to shoot again. She had bought a dresser AR. Some sales person took advantage of old folks on this one. Picatinny rails every where, scope, red dot scope, bipod, CAR stock, the works. She couldnt see into the scope........she is left eye, right shoulder. Just wont work.......switched to left shoulder, much better. Still couldnt site on spray paint cans at 100 ft. He was just as bad.......dispensed many rnds, very few hits. I did ok, but had to site 4-6" low. Next day, I brought one of my ARs, normal sites, short stock. Both of them did much better but really inconsistent.....their pastor is experienced shooter. I will encourage him to take them to his local range........sans scope.

And.......a watercooled Maxim........that they both really liked. They did 500 rnds with that........had a nest of bigger freon cans & an old kitchen sink. They scattered that stuff all over the hillside & were delighted. I expect her to call back & ask me to find them one.!!!!

PJH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Donna. 11-15.jpg (160.6 KB, 14 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: