View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 10:57 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,368 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenWhoDat View Post
Amen, brother! I collect those gorgeous 2nd and 3rd gens and wouldn't trade them for anything! I'm currently up to two dozen of these fine examples of true craftsmanship. I even carry a 3rd gen. While my appreciation for these beauties is higher than most, I'm also only 34, so there is hope for future generations to appreciate them. I've even gotten my 19 year old brother-in-law into them. For a 19 year old kid to NOT be into boring, lame Glocks, is a win in my book!
Good for you! I did the same for my 30 year old (25 when it started) son-in-law. He bought a rode hard and put away wet 3953TSW from the LGS a few years back that I had seen but passed on. I did look it over though and noticed it had a broken recoil spring. I made no mention of it to him and he wasn't with me. When he called me to share his excitement and new purchase I said I bet it has a broken recoil spring and I have spares if he wants one...he didn't know I had seen it and was quite impressed at my prediction! Anyways, it did have another unknown issue in that it would fail to fire on rapid trigger pulls...draw bar was slipping. He sent it to Smith and they fixed it no charge and now runs like it should. He was sold on S&W after that because they really didn't have to fix that gun for free. He shoots it very well and carries it regularly.

Last edited by lhump1961; 07-10-2018 at 10:58 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: