View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 02:04 PM

Liked 9,018 Times in 3,192 Posts

If you are worried about the dust, then look into the Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler system. Mine came with 5 lbs of stainless steel pins. Deprime your cases first with a depriming die, then chunk the cases in the tumbler, add pins, about a teaspoon of Lemishine and a little shot of Dawn and tumble about an hour. I use my Dillon case separator to separate brass from pins and also rinse them with clean water at that time, then put them on an aluminum tray and place in the oven at around 200-210 degree and dry them for about 30-45 minutes. They will come out nice and clean and shiny, but the cleaning process strips every bit of oil and such off the cases so you might need to give them a little lube when resizing. You can also resize and deprime before wet tumbling, but I don't like to run dirty brass through my dies.

With that said, I use the wet tumbling process much less than using my Turbo 1200. I just use nitrile gloves when handling the cases and media and if you are really worried, wear a respirator.