View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Liked 6,611 Times in 2,198 Posts

If someone wants to get some relevant legal advice, you can pay someone to receive an opinion from a practicing attorney who is familiar with your area, and this particular area of the law.

S&W does offer some DAO revolvers with and without the ILS. Obviously, they (their legal team) doesn't feel it's a potential risk for them to sell those models without it.

It's unpredictable whether anyone involved in any particular case is going to possess sufficient information about some particular firearm.

I remember when we got a call from a DDA for a jury trial one afternoon where the defense claimed a rifle involved in the case wasn't actually an assault weapon, under the law, because the magazine was fixed and couldn't be removed. I wasn't interested, but another instructor agreed to go. Apparently, both the DDA and the investigating officer were unable to remove the magazine for the jurors, and they just wanted an expert witness to confirm it couldn't be removed.

I'm told they were quite surprised when our instructor inspected the rifle on the witness stand, and removed the magazine by using the mag catch lever.