Thread: opening a knife
View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 05:44 PM

Liked 16,951 Times in 3,692 Posts

I looked up the Spyderco Police Model in their 2018 catalog. The model is shown set for tip down pocket clip carry. It is also noted that there is optional tip up carry. On the knife pictured there are holes showing that would allow the conversion. If the OP has an older version that only has a tip down carry option, I would definitely contact Spyderco and ask about it. Call, email, ask in their forum... you will probably get an excellent answer as to why that big knife was sent out that way.

For those reading that may not understand what Emerson and Wave are; Ernest Emerson is a knife designer and maker. He invented the Wave feature for deploying the blade of a pocket knife as the blade comes out of the pocket. Basically a horn protrudes from the top of the blade, catches on the seam of the pocket as the knife is withdrawn. Once the knife clears the pocket the blade locks in place. It is very fast. I'd say faster than automatics. It does require tip up carry and practice to work.

Pictured is my Spyderco Endura with the Emerson Wave. I only use it these days to amaze people. I like a one hand opening knife, but I'm not a knife fighter. I'm fast enough with whatever opening system the knife came with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spyderco Police rs.jpg (78.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Emerson Wave Spyderco Endura rs.jpg (118.0 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by kwselke; 07-10-2018 at 09:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: