View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 05:59 PM

Liked 4,820 Times in 1,611 Posts

"WHAT IF?" IF the dog hadn't stopped to take a dump, he'd have caught the rabbit.

Monday morning quarterbacking this, I wasn't there, I can't truly respond as to how I would handled myself in that situation...

Yes as a former LEO it might be hard to just stand by and do nothing..But to draw my concealed weapon to stop a altercation...I'm might be old, and have lost some of my marbles, but I do believe I have enough marbles left up there rolling around to NOT draw my weapon to stop it.

Part of that comes from being a old school cop I guess..I and I think I can speak for many other LEO's and retired LEO's we did not draw our weapons to stop a fight..At the time I was still on as a LEO, putting the wood to one or more yes...Drawing my weapon to stop it, or so called..Shoot into the ceiling to get their attention, NO.

IMO getting a weapon out in a case like this, would be much the same as a LEO shooting at a fleeing car...That's a NO SHOOT SITUATION...No matter they did just hold up the State Bank.

This particular situation given is not the same as if you or I was in a place where a madman was shooting at citizens willy nilly.

Again IMO, stating here on a forum of "What would you do?" is hardly the same, as many other LEO's here having had EXPERIENCE on what to do upon stumbling into or confronting a so called bar room brawl.

My 2 cents worth, (And I'll probably get some change back)

WuzzFuzz
The Following 2 Users Like Post: