View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 06:31 PM

Liked 4,401 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old cop View Post
The first time I knew we were going to NY I got myself qualified under LEOSA (10 years ago) and have qualified every year since b/c I did not want to take any chances. My EDC is a j frame so I should be OK w/the round limit thing, but I always swap out my carry ammo for lead round nose if going to NJ even though I’ve been told LEOSA certified people are exempt.
You are correct, OC. The round issue has been settled even if NJ doesn't want to hear it. The problem is that they could still make you take the ride and ruin your day even though it'll come to naught. They're funny that way. Not funny ha-ha.

FWIW, my understanding from colleagues in NJ (and environs) is that Hornady's Critical Defense and Critical Duty are not looked upon with the stink eye by NJ LE. (Not that that is a recommendation to do other than what you are already doing.)

(For the record, I've had a lengthy and extensive discussion with counsel from LEOSA insurance carrier FEDS regarding this matter within the past several months. So I'm pretty current.)