View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 07:40 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 45,773 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Is it legal for one person to have so many engraved guns?
Legal? ... Yes

Fun? ... Heck Yes

Prudent? ... Probably Not

Economically Viable? ... Very Debatable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct269 View Post
...I wonder what Mr. Quigley's favorite looks like----probably knock your socks off!!

Ralph Tremaine

I've thought about this question quite a bit and and the longer I thought on it, the more I decided that I could never be an artisan. I would become too attached to everything I turned out and would not want to send any work back to the owner... Some things are just too nice to let go. Hey.... maybe that is why it takes so long to get these beauties back from the engraver - they go through ASA (Anticipatory Separation Anxiety) and the 12-Step Therapy process takes 5-6 months just to turn their works of art loose...

Seriously though, in getting to know Phil over the past 4-5 years, I believe that he does have some favorites (whether it is the 1st of something, a unique style, a particularly fine execution, a memorable client, etc...) and when he speaks of them or displays photos, it is with extreme fondness -- his mustache curls up at the corners and eyes light up with a smile and a modest glint that says - "yeah - I nailed that one".

Last edited by RKmesa; 07-11-2018 at 09:31 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: