View Single Post

Old 07-10-2018, 11:27 PM

Liked 504 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Hi flyrobb,

Let me offer you a suggestion. Mount the Lee powder measure on your single stage and try it out with 50 rds. You'll be able to set the belling of the case mouth, then use the disc that matches your desired charge weight. It will give you a chance to observe just how it works.
Before I got my Dillon, I used the Lee autodisk on my RCBS single stage. It helped me get my reloads together for matches a bit quicker. I was also impressed with the charge to charge consistency.
When I got my Dillon 650, I set up the dies and primer system, then used it for a while with the Lee autodisk. Once I got comfortable with all the functions going on at once, I then added the Dillon powder measure.
I like to be cognizant of everything that's going on, and rarely just put blind trust in a machine. Maybe that makes me a bit overly cautious, and spend more time, but I avoid mistakes.

Enjoy,
Jim
That's a really good idea and one I will put to good use. I'll start with .45 acp since the press came set up for that caliber. At some point when I get to loading 9mm I'll look into getting the Dillon set up for that. One step at a time though.

Thanks for the advice!