View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 01:09 AM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
It sounds to me like they don't want to cover it because this is "normal wear and tear" and that there is no minimum number of rounds to wear out those parts. I don't know why they didn't just tell you that, but that's my interpretation.

Even when a product says "lifetime warranty" I take it as a given that if I want it fixed at the factory, I need to spot the defect sooner than later. If I had a gun that worked fine for four years and then a part wears out, I'd consider it my responsibility to get it fixed.
Those are fair points.

My counter was/is how does a pistol that’s rated for continuous +P operation become non-repairably worn out from firing only 2,000 rounds of std pressure ammo if there isn’t a manufacturing defect? If it had 10,000 or 20,000 rounds through it, then I’d say sure, worn out. I have a reliably functioning LCP with more rounds through it than that revolver.

To your second point, the non-repairable part broke and makes the pistol inoperable. They consider the breakage to be due to “normal wear and tear” and not a “defect in material or workmanship.” They aren’t asking me to purchase a replacement part to fix the pistol. They want me to purchase a replacement pistol for retail price. In terms of timeframes, when a major vendor has a repair policy where they say they will repair or replace any parts due to defects in material or workmanship at no cost for the lifetime of the original owner, my assumption is the timeframe the phrase “lifetime of the original owner” refers to is from the moment I purchase the pistol until I either sell the pistol or die, not just four years.

Maybe those things are unrealistic expectations?

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 07-11-2018 at 02:26 AM.