View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 03:21 AM

Liked 25,705 Times in 8,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggbbruce View Post
So rather than send it in and get it fixed the right way, you're suggesting to modify a new gun.

Send it in and demand it be done right. If it comes back worse off (which I doubt due to my own experience) then send it back until it's done to a new gun standard.

My 60 was canted and 10 years old when I sent it in. Came back just fine. I smack the 100 yard gong with mine.
Bruce,

If all was proper with the world sending it in to the Factory and getting it repaired PROPERLY would be the way to go. SADLY, S&W does not have a good track record (as of recently) doing that! Just read many of the posts here about guns being sent in multiple times and being returned in the same or worse condition. Sorry to say it, but the S&W Co. of today is not what it use to be. If one gets his faulty Revolver repaired properly the first time - it's sheer luck IMO. Just stating what I believe is true according to my experiences and reading other posts here.

Rather than turn a lousy situation into a worse one, sometimes it's better to get the end result you want (if applicable & practical of course) and not have all the aggravation. It's sad we sometimes have to think this way and while it's not right, sometimes it avoids much aggravation in the long run.

If the B/C Gap on the posters 649 and all other aspects are perfect and all he want to do is adjust POA to POI, then what I suggested is more than likely the easiest, simplest and best way to go about this - at least for someone capable and with proper simpe tools. Unfortunate - but it is what it is these days........