View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 09:02 AM

Liked 1,305 Times in 542 Posts

I can understand the OP concerns. I for one have done more than enough stupid stuff in my younger years ( and older ones too) ,that I figure that I'm lucky to still be around. And figure it will probably catch up with me sooner or later.

Over the years I have read a lot ,, learned a lot , and had some really smart friends that I listened to a lot. So maybe I'm not doing as many stupid things,, and improved my odds a bit.

I started out cleaning brass with walnut hulls with jeweler rouge and would get Lots of red dust. Then I tried the wet tumble method, Never liked drying the brass. A total pain..
Now I use the walnut hulls with the Nu-finish & mineral spirits, as mentioned in an earlier post.. I also have used and do use dryer sheets. Don't notice any dust.

Recently my son-in-law who is new to reloading asked about the variance of .005 in his OAL.. I guess I must have looked at him like he was stupid,, which he picked up on.. Made me feel bad,, he had an honest question and concern.. And I should have addressed it that way from the start. At 66 years old I'm still learning too...
That's my 2 cents for the day...

Last edited by old&slow; 07-11-2018 at 09:04 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: