View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,255 Times in 505 Posts
Default range day ruger sp101 not so good :(

my oldest son came down Saturday and we (both my sons and I) went to the local indoor air conditioned range with two bags full of hand guns and ammo.

including a pair of new in the box Rugers a sp101 357 match champion, and a gp100 22 4 incher

no problems at all with anything except the SP101, I sent 20 rounds threw it and it locked up on all four loadings, it locked up in single action, it would lock up in double action,

to put it lightly I was upset with the handgun, and was wishing that I had kept my series 80 stainless colt that I traded for the two rugers

I knew the ruger triggers would not be as nice as my old smiths and colts but I did expect them to function.

anyway I placed a call to ruger and they were quick to send me a return label without question, so I will send it back and see how it is returned

my old k22 6inch is still my favorite rim fire, my model 67 was nice but not as smooth as my old colt model 357, and the canik tp9sa still my favorite striker fired polymer pistol, and of course I love my stainless ultra raptor

pistols taken
smith k22 master piece
smith 67
colt 357
colt trooper III
ruger gp100 22
ruger sp101 357 match champion
Glock 17l
Glock 35
canik tp9sa
Kimber ultra raptor
ruger 1911 night watchman