View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Liked 72 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardw View Post
Personally, I am intrigued by the gun. When my arthritis presented a real problem racking my pistol I bought. Remington 380. I chose it because it was low recoil, easy to rack, and it had a 2.9 inch barrel. With velocity and energy influenced by barrel length the RM380 had an advantage over other subcompact pistols.

This new M&P 380 has a barrel juts a tad under 4 inches. That might put it in a class that has enough barrel length to actually generate enough velocity to make a HP mushroom unlike subcompact 380s.
I will be interested in how it tests out in reviews of the gun and it’s ballistics.

Re the grip safety, it would not bother me for a second. Once I reached senior staff no I carried a 1911 with all its safety features. None of the were a problem. Fact is that I would have done away with the thumb safety and just had the grip safety with the half cock safety.

However, after rehab, I can now work with my 9mm without problems, so a 380 is not in the cards for me.
PSSSST!,,,, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but .380 is a 9 mm! The 9x17, short, Corto, Kurz round is just 100 feet per second slower than the 9x18 Luger round and about 15 grains lighter. In fact 38, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 9x17, 9x19 ,9x25 and 38 super all make the same size hole of .355 of an inch!

Which one of these would you prefer being struck with? Oh, and the .38 special only went at 850 fps and was the standard for many police departments for many many years!
The Following User Likes This Post: