View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 11:28 AM

Liked 6,258 Times in 2,063 Posts

Nice Winchester for sure! You will find that it will shoot almost all standard velocity pretty well and will really perk up with the premium stuff.

The best performing inexpensive standard velocity has been CCI 0032 Standard velocity.

Get a box of Eley Tenex to see what it will REALLY do on target.

I test my ammo at 100 meters as that is the longest distance I would ever shoot in a match. If it will put 10 rounds about the size of a dime I am thrilled. (What I must have, is ammo that will find the X ring and stay there if I do my part.) Anything closer (50 yards/50 meters) is just gravy for me.

I have never had a cartridge shoot well at 100 yards/meters and perform poorly at 50 yards/meters.

The other way around happens frequently however.

Keep us posted as to how your rifle shoots and with what ammo.

Randy

PS. Both my 1813 Anschutz and 52D Winchester thrive on my dwindling stock of Russian Olymp.....which you cannot obtain anymore. following that, Eley Tenex.........because it has won more Olympic and International medals than all others put together. The Lapua Midas Plus is right on the heels of my Tenex and I CAN get more of that!

When I shoot an outdoor 3/4 position match I will use the Tenex for the 50 yard/meter and then switch to my Russian Olymp for 100 yards/meters.

Last edited by growr; 07-11-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Likes This Post: