View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 12:39 PM

Liked 1,824 Times in 742 Posts

Time isn't on the OP's side. Forget the round count and +P versus standard pressure breakdown (which to S&W's ears is irrelevant since they have no way to verify or refute OP's claims). It is still a 4 year old revolver...and S&W knows that for sure. As mileage + age increases, the likelihood they'll fix it for free...decreases. Buy a brand spanking new wheelgun and stash it away for 5 years before firing it. If it breaks after only three cylinders full...you have very little ground to stand on...despite a low round count. I learned about dealing with S&W's CS when my firing pin busted on my three year old 627 PC. I was worried that they would force me to ship it to them and then charge me for repairs. They cheerfully mailed me a replacement pin, no questions asked. That's why I find the OP's tale a little surprising. That doesn't sound like the way any customer service rep at ANY company treats customers. Is there more to the story? I'm surprised at how quickly others here jump to conclusions and vow never to buy a new S&W because of alleged lousy service. Aren't there plenty of satisfied customers posting stories elsewhere on this forum? I've read quite a few positive reviews, so I don't think we should judge S&W's CS too hastily.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: