View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Liked 1,827 Times in 987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
What's so hard to understand that I don't want to put items that had been contaminated with lead styphnate, and still might not be perfectly clean after being washed, in the same oven I cook my food?

I asked a simple question for tips on wet cleaning method, and got some good responses from a few. From the rest, I get nothing but scorn heaped on me for actually placing some value on my health.

What's really absurd is I keep responding to this drivel, and that you think I need to justify myself to you.

I don't. I'm done here.
Not asking for justification, just asking for clarification on some off the wall "precautions" (fears). You can and will do anything you want as far as cleaning your brass and I don't really care. But, one downside to posting such extreme measures for any reloading process is that new reloaders may read these and give them some credence; believe they are actually necessary, sane methods (just look at the new reloaders that actually believe glossy, pristine brass is an absolute necessity). Fear of a clean piece of brass in an oven is really out there and nonsense to 99.9% of the readers.

I didn't mean to attack you or your methods, just wanted to know why anyone would go to such extremes to keep "safe"...

BTW; has your wife ever cleaned the oven with an over the counter oven cleaner? Lots of very toxic chemicals in there...
The Following User Likes This Post: