View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 07:19 PM

Liked 5,242 Times in 2,483 Posts

All I remember for sure about its date code is that it was a square cornered bracket. That makes it 1999 through 2001. I think the bracket was pointing down which would make it 2001. Knowing Buck made some 3 spring Stockmans around that time is enough for me to risk $5. Maybe They'll accept $4. If not I'm sure they'll throw in a #2 Phillips head I want for my trunk tool box.

My Buck Stockmans are a Schrade made 301 I bought new about 1968, a long pull approximately 3 3/8" one and a duplicate of the latter that I bought on sale at Wal-Mart for $7. They all have the usual 2 springs. One of these years I'll find a 4 1/4" 307 at a price that I'm willing to pay. They were made by Camillus. Ones marked Camillus or Remington sell for about 1/2 what ones stamped Buck go for on eBay. Since I have both Camillus and Remington marked ones getting a 307 is low priority.

Along with the 66-6 I bought a custom made sheath knife marked V. Cox Oldtree (one word) Montana. Rumor has it that a lot of Montanans pass the long cold winter hours making knives without ever becoming known. In the unlikely event any of you know anything about V. Cox or his knives I'd like to read it.

Thank-you for the help.