View Single Post

Old 07-11-2018, 10:06 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

It's certainly possible, but I wouldn't say it's a certainty, that you could go to jail for defending yourself, especially if the facts/circumstances are less than clear. Same with civil suits. In some jurisdictions with Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground laws, certain presumptions are in place that help protect people from such things. Some jurisdictions also provide immunity from civil suits if the shooting is deemed justified. It's important to know the law where you live.

As far as legal protections, I'm a member of ACLDN. They provide financial assistance, have a network of lawyers, will provide expert witnesses if necessary, and cover you for self defense whether a firearm was used or not. They also provide a lot of educational materials. There are lots of organizations around. It's best to do your research and find an organization that meets your needs.

If you're interested in getting Ayoob's Deadly Force book mentioned, let me know. I have an extra copy and I'd be glad to send it to you.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: