View Single Post

Old 07-12-2018, 02:33 AM
US Veteran

Liked 4,882 Times in 2,025 Posts

I went through the whole progression of brass cleaning methods, my aim was to clean the most amount, in the shortest amount of time. I started with media and vibrating bowls (good results, slow, noisy, and messy to separate. Next was ultrasonic cleaning, worked well, too small to do many cases at a time. Next was SS pins and liquid in a small tumbler, nice results, again too small of a batch. Then I went to a cement mixer with SS pins. Worked great, did this for a year of so. One day I wondered, "what would happen if I didn't use the pins?". Tried it, came out shiny and I didn't have to separate the pins. Now I throw about 2500 cases in my cement mixer, a sprinkle of Lemi Shine, a glob of Turtle wash and wax, a gallon of water. Run it for an hour, rinse off many times, spread the cases out on a towel on a table for a few days (usually a week) Spray with Dillon lube and dump them in the basket next to the press. I don't deprime first. This is all 9mm cases. All Total I have around an hour and a half in brass cleaning. I've shot over 100K of ammo prepared this way. Can't think of any more ways to cut down the time spent on case prep.