View Single Post

Old 07-12-2018, 02:54 AM

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
I have both a Shield in 9mm and 2.0 Compact w/4" barrel. I like the Shield and it makes a nice carry gun. The only problem I have with it is that at 75, my hand strength isn't what it used to be. I sometimes have a difficult time racking the slide. The 2.0 has a GREAT grip. I have small hands and like the small grip insert and love the new texture. The slide racks much easier than the Shield. The slide to frame and barrel to slide fit are excellent. There is no play and this gun doesn't rattle. I shoot the 2.0 as well as any of my other guns and that includes several nice 1911's. It hides well in an Alien Gear Comfort Tuck 3.5 holster and it's comfortable to wear all day. Out of all my handguns (a considerable number), this one has become my new favorite. I guess you can tell that I'm a big fan.
Totally agree that feel of grip is critical and, of course, subjective. Nice to know we went to different high schools together. Also 75, and over the past few years, have experienced a touch of arthritis and decreased strength of hands. Try to diligently exercise with hand grips to restore some strength. Also installed a steel guide rod in the Shield. Had heard it makes racking the slide easier. Didn’t seem to help much.
The Following User Likes This Post: