View Single Post

Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 AM

Liked 17,176 Times in 5,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
A handwritten letter is much more effective. Like 15 years ago, I took my car to a Pep Boys to fix the AC. Three times back and forth. Even supplied them with the factory parts. Yeah, I should have just brought it to the dealer but it was an old car. $400 later and still not fixed. Even worse, it was making a screaming noise.

I wrote a detailed letter to the president of the company and sent it to the headquarters registered mail. Didn’t expect anything to happen. Three days after I mailed it, I got a call from corporate. President read the letter and they were calling to let me know that the spoke to the manager of the branch I had the work done and if I would go in with my credit card they would credit me back for the full amount.

2000 rounds of range ammo is barely breaking it in. The gun should be replaced. New 642’s are like $350 at the dealer. It’s not a small amount of money. Certainly not enough to risk losing a customer or multiple customers for life over.

I agree. While email should be as effective as snail mail, in reality, it just doesn't seem to be the case. In this situation, I'd give the email a couple of days and if there's no response, I'd follow up with a hand written letter. Always be calm and courteous when writing this kind of communication, sticking to facts and pointing out your previous loyalty to the brand. I'd consider doing a CC to the local BBB too.