View Single Post

Old 07-12-2018, 06:40 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,039 Times in 671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC View Post
As in so many things today, companies try to design things so as to protect their products (and themselves) from their consumers' misuse, and thus reduce their liability. This sear deactivation lever is a prime example of that. I've read a number of comments from people who say they are afraid to pull the trigger to release the slide...I guess these same people are also afraid to fry fire their guns too.

I always use the trigger to release the slide...I just make sure the gun is unloaded first, which is priority one on any gun I am working on. I also unplug my toaster before I work on it, too...especially when I'm in the bathtub. I'm surprised toaster manufacturers haven't had to print that warning in big letters on the sides of toasters!
Yeah, so to compensate they put the warning on the slide that it will fire without a mag.

Due to CA requirements at the time, my FS and Compact (v 1.0) have mag safeties. It's just faster and easier to flip the lever, than manipulate an empty mag. At least, it doesn't have the warning.
The Following User Likes This Post: