View Single Post

Old 07-13-2018, 03:04 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientpurgolder View Post
Meanwhile, got all stoked about the 1.0 9C. Not easy to find on line, and price is running between $425.00-465.00. Thought the 2.0 rollout would drive 9C prices down.
The two online vendors that I've used and had good luck with are Buds and Gun Genie. (I like to buy guns from Gun Genie that don't have a factory lifetime warranty, since Gun Genie provides their own...but that isn't an issue with S&W.) The price from Gun Genie, with shipping and fees to my local FFL is about $550, which surprised me. (You'd have to see how your FFLs in your area price them....they do vary by FFL.) At Buds, the price is $395 (after rebate, it says, which I'm not sure what rebate they mean) and free shipping. You'll have to pay transfer fees at your FFL, which may add $25 or so, depending on what they charge.

They may be lower priced at other online vendors, or auction sites, but I don't have any experience with those. I really am surprised that the prices aren't lower with the 2.0 models out...but maybe it's because the 1.0 Compact is in the middle size wise between the Shield and the 2.0 Compact, so there's still a demand I guess.