View Single Post

Old 07-13-2018, 07:43 AM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
I’m not making conclusions regarding the quality of the firearms. I’m commenting on the lack of support for the weapon that was sold to the OP.

A modern gun with a very low round count and almost no +P ammo fired broke. It was made after 1989 and the OP is the original owner. It qualifies for the lifetime service agreement. It hasn’t been abused or neglected. They should honor the agreement they made when the OP bought the gun.
Thanks. You’re saying it better than I was. If I dropped it off a building or ran it over with a car, that would be abuse. If I shot it with some sort of super magnum reload, that would be abuse. All I did was shoot the pistol with std pressure ammo.

Even though I only had a couple thousands rounds through it, IMO, based on their service policy commitment, round count and age are irrelevant. They don’t specify a maximum round count. They say the revolver is rated for continuous use of +P ammo. They don’t specify the maximum age of the pistol. They say the lifetime of the original owner.

If there’s a lifetime repair policy, when all you did was shoot it and it breaks, there was some type of defect. It could be in materials, workmanship, design, or applying that service policy to that model pistol. If that model pistol was only designed to be put in a sock drawer and shot rarely, that should either be in the operators manual or the service policy. S&W offered those terms to entice people to purchase their pistols.

We’ll see how it turns out. Thanks everybody for all the support.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 07-13-2018 at 07:52 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: