View Single Post

Old 07-13-2018, 05:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 931 Times in 306 Posts

The boys and I have 3 Kubotas of differing sizes. We have a BX24 which is actually not the most stable thing in the world with the bucket and backhoe but dang it is handy. It is less than 4' wide so it went into my FILs back yard several times while he was alive. We use it for pulling roots, planting flowers (weeds), burying dogs and other road kill, and other stuff too heavy for a wheel barrow. We have an L3130 which is what I use most of the time. Great on fuel and is number one for bush- hogging, fluffing, and raking hay. The biggest is an MX5100, which we use for hay cutting and bailing along with picking up logs to move to the sawmill. Should have got the 4wd on the 5100 since it will pickup enough to get the rear tires off the ground. Our counterweight is an old box blade with 4 engine blocks welded to it and some times it still needs more.
Never had a problem with any of the three. Just keep them serviced and use a little common sense in their use and they will last. And like rockquarry said the 3400s, 3130s etc get good fuel economy. The 3130 will bushhog for 10-12 hrs on a single tank of fuel.
Just my $20k worth opinion.
Larry

Last edited by Oldiron; 07-13-2018 at 05:08 PM.