View Single Post

Old 07-14-2018, 08:33 AM

Liked 510 Times in 155 Posts

The revolver is not at fault for a crimp jump stoppage, that is an ammunition issue.

I reload and take great care in my process which results in better quality control than factory ammo. I feel that is a big part of the reliability of my Sigs and CZs. The only stopages I have had were due to poor quality factory ammo.

I have had crimp jump in a revolver. That was part of the learning process as a new reloader. That was an ammo issue.
If your revolver stops due to crud, that is a maintenance issue. If it crud’s up after only a small number of rounds, that is an ammo issue.

I have had only one firearm actually break, that was a revolver. The hand that turns the cyl broke inside the gun during normal operation. I can only assume that was a bad part.

My gut tells me that the revolver is more reliable, but there is a lot required to prove such a point. A point that no one will spend the time and money required to prove scientifically.

I carry both, and trust both equally.

If the OP is indeed a troll, then wow, that was quite a post just to get rise out of some old bones.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: