View Single Post

Old 07-14-2018, 02:17 PM

Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizdom888 View Post
Hi There my name is Gregory and i am based in Glossop just outside Manchester, i have just received my FAC and i am researching today which Smith & Wesson 15-22 model and scope to buy, i currently only shoot at the indoor range in marple, i was thinking of a performance center and a MTC Viper connect scope but open to all suggestions guys and gals.
Hi Gregory, I’m only near the Trafford Centre so not too far. My advice... Get the standard sport, the Gen1 was a good difference between the models, not so much with the Gen2. I’d put that extra money in to buying a Valquartzen extractor, & some other bits. Trust me spending the extra on the MOE or Performance Centre isn’t worth it. For £60 you can have the standard cut down & have a competition crown put on it at a Cheshire Gun Room in Stockport (say Steve at 3GN UK sent you).
For the scope.. go Vortex, either a red dot like the Sparc AR or if you want a scope get the Strike Eagle but it’s twice the price. MTC are not really an AR platform scope & if I’m not mistaken (could be but one of the MTC’s is) the eye piece goes right up to your eye instead of giving you eye relief. It’s a vermin or HFT scope really. Trust me go Vortex or really push the boat put & get a Trijicon but you’ll need a mortgage first.
Then pop on several sites & purchase some bits before heading to mine & getting some off me. As your Manchester I’d happily meet you & save your postage just message me.

Last edited by 3GN UK; 07-14-2018 at 06:50 PM.