View Single Post

Old 07-14-2018, 02:48 PM

Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizdom888 View Post
Hi There my name is Gregory and i am based in Glossop just outside Manchester, i have just received my FAC and i am researching today which Smith & Wesson 15-22 model and scope to buy, i currently only shoot at the indoor range in marple, i was thinking of a performance center and a MTC Viper connect scope but open to all suggestions guys and gals.
Hi Gregory,

Having a Viper Connect on my 15-22 I can attest to the high quality of the glass, the crystal clear and crisp reticle (I went with the AMD, the SCB was way too busy)...The field of view on this scope is huge, way more than a normal scope which makes target acquisition a breeze, plus you can see the next target along, so you are not transitioning blind, the eye relief is short at about 1cm, which means that your head can only go to one place, which aids in perfect cheek weld and quick full sight picture, because the 15-22 has NO recoil you are in no danger of getting 'kissed' by the optic, just beware that it mounts pretty oddly, you have to double strap the front of the scope which leads to a rather large and obscure gap towards the rear of the scope (mine was filled with an angled RMR) The proprietary mount is for dovetail so will not work on the 15-22.

The clear winner with this scope is the ease of sight picture and massive field of view that it offers, love mine to bits and the glass easily competes with scopes twice the price.

Regarding the performance centre...I personally wouldn't bother. According to reviews on this and other forums from people who own them, you'd be better off getting a Standard or MOE and sink the savings on a new FCG...the CMC is available this side of the pond and is a great pairing with the 15-22. The fluted barrel on the PC is only fluted on the few inches out of the handguard...and from what I've heard the RRA 2 stage trigger is nothing better than the CMC which 15-22 owners rave about.

15-22's this side of the pond do not seem to suffer from the 'out of the box' failures, that seem to be more prevalent across the pond so you should not need to replace anything like a VQ extractor or other such things. What you will need is more magazines....and plenty of ammo, some more ammo and did I forget to mention...plenty more ammo

If you want any more info on the scope or pics of it, then shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to help.

Last edited by GhostMutt; 07-14-2018 at 02:56 PM.