View Single Post

Old 07-15-2018, 09:02 AM

Liked 3,495 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
I've known several indoor only shooters whos lead levels spiked quite a bit when shooting weekly indoors. One leo range master I knew got to retire his lead levels were so high.
When a round fires the lead styphinite is blown into the air. If the ventiation is not straight up or forward, it all comes back into your face & is fine enough to be inhaled. You can google search it too.
Unless you ate standing over your tumbler & inhaling while its on or when separating, it isnt going to affect your blood lead levels. I have been casting, reloading & shooting, mostly outdoor, for decades & my lead levels are a bit high but just into double digits.
My question is that you imply that shooting indoors will actually expose someone to more lead than dry tumbling and pouring out media. I don't know that that is the case. No doubt that both expose one to lead contamination. The fairly new commercial range I frequent has very good ventilation. I probably get exposed more to lead by collecting my brass there than actually shooting. One other thing I think you might agree with me is that different people will retain lead at different levels even with the same exposure.