Thread: .41 special
View Single Post

Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,398 Times in 1,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
I've never understood the interest in whatever "Special" cartridge, be it a 38 Special (an exception here if you want an older gun for whatever reason in the .38 Special chambering), 500 Special or in this case a .41 Special.

If you want less power and recoil, simply download the .357, .500 Mag or .41 Mag. Easy and safe reduced loads are readily available from reputable sources and you sacrifice nothing.

Then you have the best of both worlds, light, gentle plinkers or as heavy as the magnum cartridge can go.

I reload for the .357 and 500 Mags and I make whatever I want, particularly in the 500 and the .357 is the easiest to reload that I can imagine. Don
Again, the point of the .41 Special is a lighter, smaller platform, that still carries 6 rounds. Yes, you can still down load a .41 mag, but it still is going to have to go in a N frame. It makes a difference to some of us that are smaller in stature or have smaller hands. Can I shoot a N frame? Certainly. Is the K/L grip better suited? Just as certainly. The L frame is no lightweight. But it is a tad easier to carry and fits my medium size paw better than the N frame. I can put different grips on the N frame, but that won’t lessen the trigger reach dimension which I find to be near perfect on the K/L frame guns.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: