View Single Post

Old 07-16-2018, 08:02 PM

Liked 658 Times in 340 Posts

WOW! SO many variables! First off don’t get a 642 or other light weight revolver. I have been shooting and carrying off and on for 50 plus years and the ONLY revolver I owned and hated was a 642. Whatever you get,it has to be fun to shoot!
As mentioned above, get ( if it’s your final choice to get a rev.) one that weighs at least 21oz empty with rubber grips in 357 mag that you can download to 38 special. You can take that to the range and enjoy shooting it.You Will Not enjoy 50 rounds through a J frame!
You need to shoot a lot to become proficient with any platform you get!

I have carried both rev. and pistols over the years. If I carry IWB it is a revolver or a DA/SA pistol with a decocker or a positive safety. OWB it doesn’t matter.

I also prefer a rev. With a exposed hammer.(more use options).
I would go to a range and shoot both platforms. Some people shoot pistols better than rev. and visa versa.
I have a Taurus M85 J frame size that is enjoyable to shoot and a S&W 360J that is not so much with +p ammo.
There is a lot of good info posted above,but give a lot of thought ( use/carry method ect.) before you buy if you are limited to only one gun. JMO

Good hunting in your quest to find the best gun for you.

Last edited by Execpro; 07-16-2018 at 09:22 PM.