View Single Post

Old 07-17-2018, 06:01 PM

Liked 17,298 Times in 6,649 Posts
Talking

When I was actively working as an EMS provider, I used to treat all of the other vehicles on the road as pin balls, just sort of randomly bouncing off of things. I just didn't want them to bounce off of me.

Now that I'm retired and do more bicycle riding, I do the same thing you do. My slower speed gives me a bit of a cushion in terms of reaction time, but people often drive, as the police say, HUA.

You'll have to figure that one out, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddocktor View Post
I don't go to his films and I think he got off real lucky with that accident. But the idiot ignored the 1st tenant of motorcycle riding in my opinion; the one about watching out for all the lunatics out in the cars. I learned that lesson in my teens and a lot more painfully than ole George learned it; a wino going to the bar turned into me while I was going home. I woke up on the ground on my back with my foot resting on my stomach. Yes, 6 weeks flat on my back in the hospital before I was allowed to go home with a cast on the leg. And that was after trying to set the bone in traction and when that didn't work, an operation to put a plate on my femur.

The only movie of his I enjoy is the one where he is a fishing boat captain and the boat flips over at the end and he drowns.