View Single Post

Old 07-17-2018, 07:04 PM

Liked 330 Times in 150 Posts

Excellent video. I only have one...concern I guess. You have a duty to call for medical assistance. The video advises that you provide certain case elements, etc., but keep it brief. I'm asking, why say anything?

"A man has been shot and needs medical assistance at this address." That's really all you need to say. I realize that some facts might help your case, but my concern is that it's all being recorded. 12 people could listen to that recording and interpret it 13 different ways. Your tone, your cadence, all play a role in how you're perceived. Your life and/or that of your family was at risk and you are tramatized. It's really not the time to have your comments recorded.

I'm not saying I could have the self discipline to limit comments. In fact, once I get talking, which is what police want, I might say too much at that time/place, with the wrong tone and perceived incorrectly. The video used the pronoun "I" and how I did this and I did that. In that situation, I hope I talk only about what the suspect and others did. I'll discuss what I did at a later time, with proper direction.

I thought it was an excellent video and especially like the ending: "before you act, think about how you would act if you weren't armed." My interpretation of that is, leave if you can. Only fight if you absolutely have to, as regardless of the outcome, the aftermath is no picnic.

Stay safe.
The Following User Likes This Post: