View Single Post

Old 07-18-2018, 07:42 PM

Liked 1,540 Times in 841 Posts

What I am gonna write down does not apply to rifle shooting.
Handguns I shoot offhand at 20 and 35 yds.I shoot at a 4 1/2''black circle and when I feel really hot,I replace it with a 2 1/2''black bullseye(but that's not too often neither the results too impressive!).
A few years ago,I became the proud owner of a .45 Colt.I bought 1000 Starline brass.The gun,being a Blackhawk with a convertible Acp cylinder,I can then compare if sorting brass makes a difference since my acp brass is a perfect example of a melting pot;over 10 different brands of brass reloaded I don't know how many times.To compound things,commercial brass mixed with military.You can't have it any better.
My findings;at 20 and 35 yds,and after many shooting sessions over many years,I can't see any difference comparing the multibrass acp with the ''all the same''brass .45 Colt.
A few years ago,Mike Venturino experienced the fact(which I've also checked and found to be true)that cast bullets with small defects exept if at the base of the bullet would all still fly true.He came to the conclusion that they wouldn't show any difference wherever the defect was(again exept for the base of the bullet).I can only extrapolate that,at the short distance we shoot handguns,brass(or other factors)difference does not account for a detectable difference.
Again,this sure does not apply to rifle shooting because of the much longer shooting distance.

Last edited by Qc Pistolero; 07-18-2018 at 07:45 PM.